Online Vet Visits Through Telemedicine in Raleigh, NC
Bowman Animal Hospital and Cat Clinic is proud to offer our clients telemedicine services through Zoom! This service will allow you to have online vet visits in the comfort and safety of your home. Telemedicine will only be available for our current clients in order to ensure that we’re able to provide the very best care through an online format.
How It Works
Getting started with our telemedicine service is a breeze. We use the Zoom app, which allows for video and audio calls as well as messaging. You can download Zoom for free on either your computer or your smartphone—or both!
Here’s how to set up an online vet visit through Zoom:
- Call our office at 919-847-6216 and let us know you’d like to set up an online vet visit OR fill out the form on this page with your information and reason for the online visit.
- When we receive your request, we’ll determine a time that works best for you and your veterinarian.
- You’ll receive an email with instructions for dialing into the Zoom meeting. You can either call directly into the meeting using any phone, or you can use your smartphone or computer to call in with both audio and video. Depending on the topic of discussion, it may be helpful to see your pet on the call, so keep this mind when dialing in!
- Your veterinarian will discuss your pet’s issue with you, form a treatment plan, and give you instructions for your pet’s care.
- We’ll also let you know what your fee is at the end of the call, and will proceed with running your credit card for payment. Fees will vary from $30 to $55.
Since telemedicine does have its limits, it may be necessary to bring your pet into the hospital for treatment or diagnostic work-ups. If this is necessary, we’ll be in touch to set up an appointment following your telemedicine call.
For What Situations is Telemedicine Useful?
Telemedicine can be incredibly helpful in many situations, but it does have its limitations.
Here are some of the situations where telemedicine is most useful:
- A change in behavior such as eating less or more, sleeping more often, etc.
- A skin condition such as a rash, hot spot, or hair loss
- Follow-up after surgery
- Check-ins regarding your pet’s ongoing treatment
- Coughing, sneezing or other mild symptoms
If ever you are uncertain about your pet’s health, please call us. We can direct you to a telemedicine appointment or an office visit depending on your pet’s condition.
Note: if this is an emergency call us immediately